"EXCEPT THE LORD BUILD THE HOUSE, THEY LABOR IN VAIN THAT BUILD IT"......Ps.127:1a

Friday, December 13, 2013

Bits ~n~ Bobs

I am so far behind on Christmas.
I haven't even written out my cards yet.  You would think I'd have some Christmas posts going on here, but alas I have been working on some regular projects.  I guess my Christmas posts will come in January, yes, I can be that kind of person.  Christmas can last all year with me :)

I just had to share with you this project, because a customer realized, I guess, that I can maybe turn this outdated planter on the left into something useful and updated on the right.  They didn't want this back, so it was mine to do with what I wanted.  I decided to get rid of the heart.  Hubby cut along the line I had drawn.  He is so much better with a saw than I am :)  
 I used Annie Sloan's Old White (Love Chalk Paint).  Next I printed off the saying "Bits n Bobs", because I thought it could be a catch all container. I layered it with burlap and Mod-Podged away.  I added a handle I had collected from somewhere along my junking journey.  Finally a little clear and dark wax and VIOLA!
I love the barrel look it has.
It sold the first day of my craft sale!  
Now back to the signs I need to get finished.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, Love what you did with it. I have to admit, I might have thrown it away too at first. I'm not surprised at all that it sold quickly :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute, and what a great idea to get rid of the heart. Blessings and smiles, Emilou :-)
    (I am still working on all my cards too :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts! I really enjoy hearing from my readers. If you ask a question, I will try to reply A.S.A.P.