"EXCEPT THE LORD BUILD THE HOUSE, THEY LABOR IN VAIN THAT BUILD IT"......Ps.127:1a

Saturday, January 8, 2011

My Free Rocker

Last night at Work Party, I was blessed with this beautiful spindle rocker.  It was wobbly, so I knew we had to reinforce it. 
 Well, my Saturday was now filled with a little project.  
I knew Dan wouldn't do it till who knows when?  
I am a little obsessive when I want a project done:)  
I started taking it apart in hopes I could put it back together again.



  It goes so well in our home.  I really want to be able to use it in our living room.  That means people have to able to sit on it without falling to the floor.  Wouldn't that be a rotten thing to do to our guests?


 I told myself that if this doesn't work, it will have to be a porch decoration :( 
Dan helped me glue and put it back together.  Now it is clamped and drying.


The rocker has two right sided arm rests.  Does anyone have a clue why?  I didn't even notice it till I was putting the arms back on, and I wanted to make sure they weren't on the wrong side of the rocker.  I guess I had no need to worry.
I'll comment in a couple of days to tell you if it is sturdy enough to use in our living room.

3 comments:

  1. You inspired me to bring my rocker down from Elliot's room and into our living room. Since Elliot does not cuddle at night anymore, maybe we can cuddle by the fire instead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reinforce it really good ! I'm going to come try it out !

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY! It is sturdy enough to sit on and not fall:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts! I really enjoy hearing from my readers. If you ask a question, I will try to reply A.S.A.P.